Wrightington Hospital is a world renowned orthopaedic centre of excellence
The team at Wrightington are intensely proud of the Hospital's reputation and status as a centre of excellence for Orthopaedic surgery. We endeavour to keep Wrightington at the leading edge of Orthopaedic practice and research, building on the legacy left by Professor Sir John Charnley, who pioneered hip replacement surgery in the 1960s.
There are many reasons why we believe Wrightington should be the provider of choice for Orthopaedic surgery in the North West but here are our top five:-
- We have attracted a team of over 30 Consultants, many of whom have an international reputation for surgical excellence. Between them they cover all areas of sub-specialty within Orthopaedics. We think this unique blend of skill and technical ability is unrivalled by any other NHS or private hospital in the North of England
- Wrightington is a dedicated Orthopaedic Hospital, specifically equipped for Orthopaedic Surgery, which optimises patient flow and improves the patient experience. The Trust carries out more Orthopaedic activity than any other Hospital in the North West
- The Wrightington service is able to offer excellent clinical outcomes when compared to other providers using the National Joint Registry data (September 2013)
- Wrightington has one of the lowest infection and readmission rates in the North West
- We are easy to get to and find: The Hospital is located one mile away from junction 27 of the M6 motorway
Added to this we have competitive waiting times and are investing £18m, over the next two years, developing Wrightington's facilities.
For further information or to make an appointment please call:
The John Charnley Private Wing on 0800 028 5557